The History of Massage, Bodywork and Related Modalities
As you know, sensual and holistic massage is a special type of massage that effectively promotes sexual potential, which also increases sexual sensitivity and function. The history of such a type of massage is deeply in ancient times. First reliable evidence of the existence of massage came from Asia. It was there that appeared, and subsequently developed erotic massage school called “The Tao of Love.” Tao philosophy is patience. In this great doctrine of part of the massage was a mix of several elements of massage with the impact on the acupuncture points.
Sensual and holistic massage is the most pleasant healing process. People who get pleasure from this variety of massage were great connoisseurs of sensual pleasure – it’s medieval kings, Arab sheiks and kings, as well as Greek and Roman emperors. Through this massage can increase the available area for the body sensations, as well as to paint their sex lives completely new rich sensual emotions, derived from the massage. It has long been no secret that massage has the power to influence the muscles and skin, as well as on all systems and organs.
Also, this massage is an additional way to relax, get a new experience and relax. Advise from medical experts recommend to a holistic and sensual massage on a regular basis http://medicfrom.com .
Ayur-Veda is a code of life and it deals with rebirth, renunciation, salvation, soul, purpose of life, maintenance of mental
health, prevention and treatment of diseases.
- 1555 BC - A medical papyri contains remedies for all types of illnesses and the methods of application are similar to the ones used in Aromatherapy and Herbal medicine today.
- 776 BC - Olympic Games. Athletes massaged prior to their events.
- 460-380 BC - Hippocrates thought that disease resulted from natural causes and the body has the power to heal itself. Hippocrates said: hard rubbing binds…much rubbing causes parts to waste…and moderate rubbing makes them grow.
- 1742 - 1823 - John Grosvenor, English surgeon practiced healing with hands.
- 1776 - 1839 - Per Henrik Ling- fencing master and gymnast studied massage after he cured himself of rheumatism in his arm.
Developed a system of Medical Gymnastics.
- 1895 - Sigmund Freud. Used Massage Therapy to treat hysteria. Studies in Hysteria. Postulated that what we did not or will not confront in our lives would be buried in the body in the unconscious mind.
- 1900's Early - Jin shin jyutsu, the "art of circulation awakening," was developed in Japan by Jiro Murai and brought to the
United States in the 1960s by Mary Iino Burmeister.
W.W.I - Swedish massage used for rehabilitation of injured soldiers.
- 1930 - Neuromuscular Therapy created by Stanley Leif.
- 1934 - Wilhelm Reich - Austrian psychoanalysis. Freud’s student. Used Somato techniques to cure neuroses by releasing their corresponding muscle tensions by using breath, movement and physical manipulation. The community was outraged at the thought of using physical contact. He was sent to prison for his conflicts and died there.
Bioenergetics, created by Alexander Lowen, emerged from Reich’s work.
- 1937 - A French chemist, Rene Maurice Gattefosse, began his research into the healing powers of essential oils after burning
his hand in his laboratory and immersing in it in lavender oil and being impressed by how quickly the burn healed. He
published a book about the anti -microbial effects of the oils and coined the word Aromatherapy.
- 1971 - Core Energetics Started by Dr. John Pierralcos in 1971, core energetics adds a more spiritual aspect to bioenergetics.
- 1991 - Touch Research Institute created.